Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:32:38 -0300
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Marcelo Simas <simas@WEB4U.COM.BR>
Subject:   Transposing data again

Dear Raynald, Robert and David, I thank all of you very much. But as I said, I have almost no experience with syntax and couldn't implement your solution. I tried to maintain the question in a abstract level, and myself couldn't understand your advises. Hence I'm sending to you the exact situation of my data expecting that you discover what I did wrong. My data are about the number of votes that each party received in each count in the fashion below. But in order to make some calculations between parties I need to have in each count each party as a variable with their originals votes without any calculation in the transformation. I have fourteen parties which I'd like to transform in new variables. The original variable (in which the parties are) is a numeric6.0 in which I labeled the codes for each party.

Count Party Vote 1 A 123 1 D 587 1 E 694 2 A 458 2 B 547 2 C 684 2 G 147 3 A 542 3 C 365 3 F 154 3 G 354 ... ... ...

Thanks in advance, Marcelo