Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 May 1999 23:26:04 -0300
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Marcelo Simas <simas@WEB4U.COM.BR>
Subject:      Re: Creating a set of variables with data list
Comments: To: SPSSX-L@listserv.uga.edu

Hi, Are you sure I don't need to rename my variables? In the books I have the "TO" convention is always referred to be related to consecutive variables. TIA, Marcelo

At 13:53 10/05/99 -0400, you wrote: >* THE FIRST COMMAND GETS YOUR EXISTING FILE, >* AND READS THE VARIABLES IN THE ORDER YOU WANT THEM. >GET > FILE='C:\yourdir\yourfile.sav'/KEEP V1 V10 V13 V16 p1 p10 p13 p16 >EXECUTE . >* YOU DO NOT NEED TO RENAME THEM TO USE THE "TO" CONVENTION. BUT IF YOU WANT >* TO RENAME THEM, THE NEXT COMMAND WILL DO IT FOR YOU. >RENAME VARIABLES (V1 V10 V13 V16 p1 p10 p13 p16= V1 V2 V3 V4 P1 P2 P3 P4). >SAVE OUTFILE='C:\YOURDIR\NEWFILE.sav' > /COMPRESSED. > >The above should do what you want. > >Best wishes, > >Gil Klajman >