Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 21 May 1999 15:25:14 -0400
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Michael Mallen <mjmallen@BOOMBOX.MICRO.UMN.EDU>
Subject:   SET command?

I get the following error everytime I load SPSS for Windows 7.5 .

>Error # 801 in column 51. Text: VERTICAL >Unrecognized text appears on the SET command. See the syntax help for your >system for valid keywords. >This command not executed.

>Error # 801 in column 63. Text: = >Unrecognized text appears on the SET command. See the syntax help for your >system for valid keywords.

>Error # 801 in column 67. Text: HORIZONTAL >Unrecognized text appears on the SET command. See the syntax help for your

>Error # 801 in column 51. Text: VERTICAL >Unrecognized text appears on the SET command. See the syntax help for your >system for valid keywords. >This command not executed.

>Error # 801 in column 63. Text: = >Unrecognized text appears on the SET command. See the syntax help for your >system for valid keywords.

>Error # 801 in column 67. Text: HORIZONTAL >Unrecognized text appears on the SET command. See the syntax help for your >system for valid keywords.

>Error # 801 in column 6. Text: = >Unrecognized text appears on the SET command. See the syntax help for your >system for valid keywords.

I cannot find the file (if one exists at all) to permanently fix the SET subcommand or options? Obviously the words "VERTICAL" and "HORIZONTAL" are in some file(s) that runs when SPSS is loaded. There are no such subcommands / options on the set comand - that's probably why I am getting this error.

I have tried to remedy this from the options menu [edit menu -> options], however I do not know which option to change. Therefore, I have been unable to get rid of these errors. I have searched my SPSS directory & subdirectories and can find no editable file from which changes can be made.

Can you help me with this? Thank you...