Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 24 May 1999 08:22:21 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   craig enders <cenders@UNLINFO.UNL.EDU>
Subject:   new to glm, a couple of ?'s

I am trying to convert from using manova to glm and have a couple of questions about the glm output/calculations. First, a simple one. In running a simple one-way anova in glm you get a sum of squares value for the intercept term. How is that being calculated? Second, I was running a mixed design that had a couple of missing data points. In manova, these points were excluded and I was left with only cases that had complete data in all cells. However, in running the same analysis under glm I got slightly different results -- the df were not integers. Unfortunately, I cannot remember if it was the between or within factor that was affected (I think it was the within). What is the difference in the calculations under glm when there are missing observations? Also, if anyone could provide me a good reference material on glm I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, Craig Enders

-- Craig Enders cenders@unlinfo.unl.edu