Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 May 1999 12:13:16 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Aleece Hoffmann <AleeceHoffmann@FIRSTHEALTH.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS/Graph Options for PC 6.12 TS055
Comments: To: SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu

The option you're looking for is NOBYLINE (found in Tech Report P-222, 6.07 Changes & Enhancements). Set OPTIONS NOBYLINE when you want to suppress the standard BY line and use the #BY keywords in your titles instead. Set OPTIONS BYLINE when you want to go back to using the standard BY lines.

It's been a few years since I tried using this option with graphics, but the behavior I remember seeing when I forgot to use NOBYLINE was that the #BY keywords were printed as-is in my titles, not that they were interpreted incorrectly. I also recall finding that this feature did not seem to work properly with at least some graphics procedures, which sounds more like what you are seeing. I'm afraid I can't recall all of the specifics, but I know I was on Windows 95 at the time, using 6.11 or 6.12, and I used mostly PROC GPLOT and COMPHISTOGRAM from SAS/QC PROC CAPABILITY. I ended up giving up on the cool #BY features in those cases and living with the standard BY lines.

Good luck!

Aleece Hoffmann Programmer Analyst Information Systems First Health 750 Riverpoint Drive West Sacramento, CA 95605 916-374-4808 916-374-4929 fax AleeceHoffmann@FirstHealth.com

>>> "Michael bramley" <bramley.m@PG.COM> 05/06/99 09:36:44 >>> Sasers'

I have a dataset with measurements taken on SS at 7 time points. I'm using GPLOT to crank out some graphs of these measurements at each time point.

So, I thought I would be smart and use By-Group processing and a "Time point=#Byval1" in the title to get the time point for each graph automatically. Problem is: All of the graphs have the same time point (the last one in the dataset). I knows there's an option (queue??) but I cannot recall it--a sign of aging?

Help would be appreciated.

Michael Bramley

code snipit included (but quite unnecessary)

title "graph of ... time point = #Byval1" ;

Proc Gplot uniform; by time ; plot Sym*Object ; run ; Quit ;