Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 8 May 1999 14:23:31 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jules Bosch <jxb@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
Subject:   Re: Deadlines and software development (was SAS Institute - Sanity vs. Insanity)
Comments:   To: PW098@AOL.COM

Speaking of software development...

there is a book entitled, "Code Complete..." My copy is in a client's office or I would provide the full title. Anyway, a few years back it was recommended here, I think by Karsten Self. It is just full of all kinds of information, tables, and lists, all to do with the "construction" of software projects. Every time I refer to the book I am simply amazed to think that anyone could produce such an effective, detailed, voluminous book about such a problematic issue.

The book was well worth the price.

Jules

Bob Fitz wrote: > > In a message dated 8/05/99, 2:18:18, tchur@bigpond.com writes: > <<SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>> > Tom, > > I agree most wholeheartedly that while the SAS tech support in the USA is > very good and better than most, the tech support here in Oz is the best of > any computer related tech support that I have ever dealt with. No bias > here, I'm from the States but here on assignment. Inspiration and > perspiration are the key ingredients as long as the 50 to 60 hour a week > spurts do not become a way of life. If it takes 60 hours every week to do > the job, there are one of two problems. The first is that there needs to be > another person helping or two you're not up to the task at hand. massive > hours in front of the screen produces bad code and burnout. > > Just my .02 > > G'Day, > Bob Fitz