Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 May 1999 11:39:52 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Crawford <Peter@CRAWFORDSOFTWARE.DEMON.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: Temporary Files in UNIX

Walter Penaranda <wpena@MAILHOST.COM> writes >Need Help!! > > >I am currently creating a few temporary flat files that later want to bring >together into a permanent output file using the unix "cat" command. Any ideas on >how this can be accomplished. >If I could identified the path and name my problem would be solved. > >The VIEW SASHELP.VSLIB shows the WORK library path but it does not show the >actual file name stored in SASWORK. > >I would like to know if anybody has any experience using these views. > > >Thanks > > >Walter

see the SAS-L archives for references to the "dictionary tables"

On your SAS display manager session look at the views in SASHELP. SASHELP.VTABLE and SASHELP.VMEMBER are views of dictionary.tables and dictionary.members respectively.

But I wouldn't expect a unix cat command to be much help with the SAS data sets that the dictionary tables would list ....?

Have flat files in the current SAS work library?

-- Peter Crawford (_knowledge_ is a poor substitute for *real* experience, but they make a great team)