Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (June 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:03:12 +0300
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sorin Sion <Sorin.Sion@CONNEX.RO>
Subject:      Re: Dongle-protected SPSS, big problem !!!
Comments: To: "Lucas, Gail" <glucas@SPSS.COM>

I solved my problem, by uninstalling SPSS and reinstalling it. The strange part is that, after running only the Y2K tests that involved setting the current date only under the expiry date of the license and coming back to the today's date, I received the same error message and I had to uninstall/reinstall the package. Probably, the dongle is an active one, sensitive to the date when SPSS was last run - it may ensure that setting the date back in time is not enough to run SPSS further the expiry date. Probably running licrenew.exe should be enough. Uninstalling/reinstalling is not funny at all. Thanks for your answer.

Sorin SION Market Research Analyst MOBIFON S.A., ROMANIA