Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 2 Jun 1999 17:16:48 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Brucken, Nancy" <Nancy.Brucken@WL.COM>
Subject:   Re: transfer SAS data set from UNIX to PC
Comments:   To: Lyman Wu <lwu@PBDSINC.COM>
Comments:   cc: "SAS-L (E-mail)" <sas-l@listserv.uga.edu>

Hi Lyman, The easiest way to transfer the data is to use PROC DOWNLOAD, if you've licensed SAS/CONNECT on both your Unix server and your PC- all you need to do is start up a session on the remote server via SAS/CONNECT, and then run PROC DOWNLOAD to move the dataset. If you don't have SAS/CONNECT, you can create a transport file on the Unix server using PROC CPORT, FTP the transport file to your PC as a *binary* file (very important), and then use PROC CIMPORT on your PC to read it. Still a third way is to use PROC COPY with the XPORT option to create the transport file, and then read it in with PROC COPY on your PC after again FTP'ing it down as a binary file. Then, transfer it back to your Unix server the same way as you got it down to your PC, just in reverse. I can send you samples of code for each of these approaches, if you'd like. I'm not sure what the difference is between using PROC CPORT or PROC COPY; maybe someone else on SAS-L can explain that.

Hope this helps, Nancy

Nancy Brucken Parke-Davis, QIP (734) 622-5767 Internet address: Nancy.Brucken@wl.com

-----Original Message----- From: Lyman Wu [mailto:lwu@PBDSINC.COM] Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 4:49 PM To: SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU Subject: transfer SAS data set from UNIX to PC

Hello, everyone:

I have a data set TRY in unix SAS and want to use this data set under SAS Windows. How to transfer it? what about vise versa? I appreciate the help very much.

Lyman Wu PBDS, Inc. Tel: 732-530-9303 Fax:732-933-9267 Email: lwu@pbdsinc.com