Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:53:56 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         timv@TRILLIUMTEAM.COM
Subject:      Re: Help a SAS user on UNIX Looking for an active Unix List group
Comments: To: "LANOUE, Jaques" <Jaques.LANOUE@RP-RORER.FR>

The command that you are looking for is sed. UNIX as an operating system seems to take pride in cryptic commands, and this is typical. Try

sed -e s/str1/str2/g file1 > file2

Well, maybe not, this one will substitute all occurrences of str2 with str1. Unfortunately, it only does 1 file at a time, this one will input file1 and output file2. You might want to wrap a SAS script around it to get a file listing, so you would have the individual file names.

Tim Vorce (248) 586-1999 tvorce@trilliumteam.com Trillium Teamologies SAS. It's not just an attitude

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of LANOUE, Jaques Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 1999 6:09 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Help a SAS user on UNIX Looking for an active Unix List group Importance: High

Sorry to bother you with this but i need some help on Unix available tools.

Ex.: pgm to do a find/replace on many files at a time.