Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:43:54 EDT
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         La8arrival@AOL.COM
Subject:      Error in Mixed Model F test
Comments: cc: nichols@spss.com

I am using SPSS graduate pack 8.0. When I run a GLM two factor ANOVA with A fixed and B random, SPSS computes the F observed for B as MSb / MSab instead of MSb/MSe as it should be. SPSS correctly computes Fobs for A as MSa/MSab. The variance component table SPSS prints out appears quite correct so this is a mystery. Any thoughts? It seems too obvious for it to be an SPSS error but I don't know what else it could be.

Mike Conley