Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:08:02 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Nichols, David" <nichols@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: simple main effects

In this context, the repeated measures don't come into play, other than that you have to understand that the between subjects results are done on the average over the levels of the repeated factor. The covariate doesn't alter the command syntax requirements, and you're looking at simple effects involving adjusted means. Thus, the principles in the article hold for this case. The command would be:

MANOVA totpro_1 totpro_2 BY delivery(1 2) dichmast(1 2) organize(1 2) WITH(totper_1) /WSFACTORS time(2) /METHOD UNIQUE /ERROR WITHIN+RESIDUAL /POWER T(.05) F(.05) /PRINT SIGNIF( MULT AVERF EFSIZE )cellinfo (means) /NOPRINT PARAM(ESTIM) /DESIGN=dichmast, delivery, organize, dichmast*delivery, dichmast*organize, delivery*organize w dichmast(1), delivery*organize w dichmast(2).

David Nichols Principal Support Statistician and Manager of Statistical Support SPSS Inc.