Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:16:53 -0230
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "P. Honarvar" <sdm@NFLD.COM>
Subject:      script for classing data

Hi I need to reclass or bin the values of 30 variables using percentile values. All variables will be reclassed such that (for example) 0-25 percentile=1, 25-50%ile=2, 50-60%ile=3, ..., 95-100%ile=8 . I checked the scripts on the spss site and didn't find any which provide examples of looping through variables and transforming them automatically. Can anyone provide examples of scripts which might do similar transformations?

TIA Pauline Honarvar