Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:04:00 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "D.R. Wahlgren" <wahlgren@MAIL.SDSU.EDU>
Subject:      SPSS Mac error

Gang, I have a simple data set, n=57, and am using SPSS v 6.1.1 for Mac on a PowerMac G3/300. I got a bivariate scatterplot in the chart carousel, and when I clicked the edit button to see what options were available to me, I got the following message:

"Internal XVT error:35533-2368220 Click mouse to continue"

Clicking the mouse proceeded to shut down SPSS and when I tried to restart it, I get a Type 3 system error and have to reboot before SPSS will run again. I repeated this same sequence 3 times, so it's no fluke.

Does anyone know what might be the cause of this? I have plenty of memory available, and have allocated the preferred memory to SPSS.

Also, how can I add a regression line to the bivariate scatter plot?

TIA, Dennis