Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:17:22 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dale Glaser <glaser@PACIFIC-SCIENCE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Scale and Correlation
Comments: To: Shail Dobson <dobson_shail@HOTMAIL.COM>

Using the correlation process that you would generally employ for the Pearson r, SPSS will generate the point-biserial correlation when one variable is dichotomous and the other is interval/ratio........dale glaser

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Shail Dobson Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 9:20 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Scale and Correlation

I have to do some bivariate correlation. The outcome variable has interval scale, but independent variables have nominal scale (yes or no). I am not really sure which correlation coefficient should I run? Any suggestion would be help! Shail