Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:14:43 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Nichols, David" <nichols@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Peto's Test
Comments: To: Frederic Villamayor <villagri@MX3.REDESTB.ES>

What we have in SPSS that might be called a Peto test is for comparing survival distributions in two or more groups. If this is something different, then it's likely that you would indeed have to program it.

David Nichols Principal Support Statistician and Manager of Statistical Support SPSS Inc.

-----Original Message----- From: Frederic Villamayor [mailto:villagri@MX3.REDESTB.ES] Sent: Monday, October 04, 1999 8:57 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: [SPSSX-L] Peto's Test

Peto's test in fact are three type of procedures that combine to analyse tumoral frequencies from long-term carcinogenesis assays. Each procedure is adequate to some kind of tumours, defined by its "observation context", i.e. (i) if the tumour caused the death of the animal (direct or indirectly), (ii) if it did not cause the death of the animal, (iii) if the animal was found independently of the death of the animal (tumours found in vivo).

The main reference is

Peto, R. Pike, MC, Day, NE, et al. (1980). Guidelines for simple, sensitive significance tests for carcinogenic effects in long-term animal experiments. In: Long-term and short-term screening assays for carcinogens: A critical appraisal (IARC Monographs Supplement 2), Lyon, International Agency for Research on Cancer, pp. 311-426.

The whole procedure is in fact simple to understand, but I'd appreciate some help if I can avoid to write any script or macro.

Thanks in advance

Frederic Villamayor.