Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Oct 1999 12:59:13 MST
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard Read Allen <rrallen@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: locally weighted regression
Comments: To: Jan Winchell <winchell@LISTSERV.KENT.EDU>

Addressed to: Jan Winchell <winchell@LISTSERV.KENT.EDU> "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

** Reply to note from Jan Winchell <winchell@LISTSERV.KENT.EDU> Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:23:31 -0400

Jan,

If you have access to version 7 or 8, there is now an experimental LOESS procedure shipped with SAS/STAT. Pre-version 7/8, I used a macro by Michael Friendly. Unfortunately, the floppy that I stored these macros on is damaged and I don't recall were they were located. Perhaps someone else on the list knows where these 'Friendly' graphic macros are located. Years ago when I first obtained these macros, Dr Friendly was at York University.

Hope this helps a little,

Richard

Richard Read Allen Phone: 303-670-5386 Peak Statistical Services Fax: On request Evergreen, Colorado Email: rrallen@ibm.net URL: http://www.peakstat.com

Present Weather: Sunny and breezy, 65.8