Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:16:57 GMT
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Rey Santos <j-santos@TAMU.EDU>
Subject:   Re: Factor analysis w/ display manager

Hi Rob:

The closest that you can get to factor analysis using point and click method is the pricipal component analysis contained in the mulvariate analysis option of SAS/ASSIST. But one has to know the difference between factor analysis and component analysis. Also, you can't choose the rotation method (promax, varimax) and extraction method (ML, PRIN).

It would be safe and better doing it by coding the program directly to the program editor window. An excellent book for doing factor analysis is that one written by Larry Hatcher entitled, 'A Step-by-Step Approach to Using Factor Analysis and Structural Equation Modeling'. It is published by SAS under the Book-By-Users program.

'Hope this helps. Rey Santos