Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:44:18 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         steve frank <t00001@STCLOUDSTATE.EDU>
Subject:      looking for help to find a possible duplicate record

I've just imported a file from out cati system (computer assited telephone system) into SPSS 10.1. There are about 600 records. We had a network glitch and there may be a possibility that a duplicate file was created.

I've eyeballed the data and have supposely unique record numbers and telephone numbers. I know there are find commands in spss 10, Excel and word to find records but I can't think of a procedure to find a possible duplicate record.

Can anybody think of a method to do this. Thanks in advance. ================= Dr. Steve Frank, SCSU Professor of Political Science Codirector SCSU Survey 319 Brown Hall, SCSU St.Cloud, MN. 56301 Ph 320-255-4131 Fax 320-654-5422 email sfsurvey or t00001@stcloudstate.edu Home page http://tigger.stcloudstate.edu/~t00001/ Prelaw Homepage: http://condor.stcloud.msus.edu/~prelaw/ SCSU Survey Homepage: http://tigger.stcloudstate.edu/scsusurvey/ ================== University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small." - Henry Kissinger