Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:28:08 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Comments:     To: Paul McDonald <paul_mcdonald@AMERITECH.NET>
From:         Andrea Wainwright <andrea.wainwright@CAPITALONE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Free SAS For Education?
Comments: To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU

I know it is not free, but the license is definitely much cheaper than it is for businesses. If I remember correctly, you pay a much smaller initial fee, and a much smaller yearly fee, and have the right, and are actually encouraged, to let students borrow the CD to load on their own computers. They are asked to sign a sheet agreeing to delete it when they leave the University. I can not remember the actual dollar amounts, but they are very reasonable.

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: Re: Free SAS For Education? Author: Paul McDonald <paul_mcdonald@AMERITECH.NET> at Internet Date: 11/1/1999 10:05 PM

That's not a dumb question. I think (don't know but think) SAS is available for universities either free or darn near next to it...