Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:12:17 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jim Groeneveld <J.Groeneveld@ITGROUPS.COM>
Subject:      Re: **** Test Your Code ****
Comments: To: "Ravi, Prasad" <Prasad.Ravi@WL.COM>

Just when receiving your call to Test Your Code (below) I felt to post a reply like that as well. I too was annoyed by some recent terribly erroneous postings on %EVAL and %SYSEVALF. People should know better before screaming. However, in general I appreciate all postings, including those that appear to contain some slight error, because they have been provided as serious helpful hints. I too sometimes have sent code, which was not quite error-free, or I made a faulthy statement, but at the moment of contributing I thought it was correct. Later I notified the list of my changed views with respect to that. When contributing code to the list I seriously test it to try to make sure it works as stated and intended. Errors may creep in always of course. It should be recommended to test your code as far as could be regarded reasonable. Of course the extent to what is reasonable could be discussed.

Regards - Jim. -- Y. Groeneveld, MSc IMRO TRAMARKO tel. +31 412 407 070 senior statistician P.O. Box 1 fax. +31 412 407 080 5350 AA BERGHEM IMRO TRAMARKO: a CRO J.Groeneveld@ITGroups.com the Netherlands in clinical research

"My job is to keep my computer working." - Jim Groeneveld