Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:48:02 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dan J Lewis <Dan.J.Lewis@KP.ORG>
Subject:      MVS Dilemma: Where to keep documentation?

I am completing a system consisting of some 15 SAS programs and about a hundred data files. Now it's documentation time. I have a dilemma. I'd like to keep the documentation in the same MVS library (PDS) as the programs. That way it won't get lost when I go on to ever greater glory, and the next hapless contractor will surely stumble across it and hopefully find it useful. However, that solution seems to require that the documentation be strictly text - no Excel spreadsheet for a file/program crossreference, no MS-Word with nice formatting, bolding and italics to help guide the eye. Is there a way to store Excel and MS-Word documents in an MVS PDS in such a way that it is easily retrievable? Or does anybody out there have any other suggestions as to how I might approach this?

Thanks! -Dan