Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Nov 1999 21:15:36 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Daniel J. Nordlund" <dnordlund@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Converting to events/trials data format?

Jin Kim <kimjin43@chollian.net> wrote: >Dear SAS-L > >As a SAS novice, I want to know the method how I convert the following >ordinary data to 'events/trials' data format, which can be used in PROC >LOGISTIC or GENMOD. > >(Of course, I know that above PROCs are possible with ordinary data. >This question is of educational purpose.) > >In the following example data, 'var1-3' are categorical explanatory >variables, and 'result' is a binary response variable. > > var1 var2 var3 result >obs1 1 1 2 0 >obs2 2 2 2 1 >obs3 3 1 1 0 >obs4 2 2 1 1 >obs5 1 1 2 1 > . . . . . > . . . . . > . . . . . > >How can I convert the ordinary data like above to 'events/trials' >format? > >Thank you. > >Jin Kim >

You can use PROC SUMMARY to accomplish what you want. In the example, 'yourdata' is your original file. The output file, which I called 'event', will contain your classification variables and 2 new variables called events and trials.

proc summary data=yourdata nway; class var1 var2 var3; var result; output out=event(rename=(_freq_=trials) drop=_type_) sum=events; run;

Hope this helps,

Dan Nordlund