Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:16:50 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         S David Riba <dave@JADETEK.COM>
Subject:      Re: Looking for Conversion Services - ssd01 to sd2
Comments: To: Pete Minor <PMinor@NATHANASSOC.COM>

> I have several SAS data files, some as large as a gigabyte, currently >stored in a Unix format - ssd01; I am looking for a professional service >that will make transport or sd2 (Windows NT) files from these. Any ideas? >Any takers?

If you really want a professional service to do this, I suppose I could offer my services. However, it will cost you really big bucks ...

Of course, if all you want to do is create a transport file so you can move the file between Unix and Windows formats, I suppose you could code something like this :

PROC CPORT lib= library-name file= file-name ; RUN ;

Then all you have to do is FTP or otherwise transfer the file. On the reverse side, use:

PROC CIMPORT lib= library-name infile= file-name ; RUN ;

That should do the trick. Now if you will please FAX me one dollar for each routine to the address below <G> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- S. David Riba INTERNET: dave@JADETEK.COM JADE Tech, Inc. http://www.jadetek.com P O Box 4517 Clearwater, FL 33758 SAS Certified Professional - V6 VOICE: (727) 726-6099 A SAS Institute Quality Partner

SAS. It's not just an attitude

----- Original Message ----- From: Pete Minor Newsgroups: bit.listserv.sas-l To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 1:18 PM Subject: Looking for Conversion Services - ssd01 to sd2

I have several SAS data files, some as large as a gigabyte, currently stored in a Unix format - ssd01; I am looking for a professional service that will make transport or sd2 (Windows NT) files from these. Any ideas? Any takers? Thanks in advance for any help, Pete