Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Nov 1999 02:26:14 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Christian F.G. Schendera" <cschende@IX.URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE>
Subject:      Q: control of covariate (ordinal data only!)
Comments: To: SASL <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>

hello all, *situation: All ind. vars are binary or polytomous ordinal. The single response var MANNAG is binary. * observation: SEX seems to covary with MANNAG (girls have more 1s of MANNAG, boys more 0s) * question: If I want to analyse the effects of, say ERSTGSK, on MANNAG, how could I control the possible effect of SEX? Neither in STAT, vol. 2 (no wonder), nor in CaE to 6.12 I did find something related to the control of a covariate's effect. I am unexperienced in that special kind of analysis. Every tipp is very welcome. Thank you in advance, Chris

* this is the code (speculative example): proc logistic data = TEST order=data ; model MANNAG = MOTAUF BERUFVAK ERSTGSK RISKGB2 WOHNORT / influence ; run ;

* this is how the dataset looks like (example) ID BERUFVAK WOHNORT MOTAUF MANNAG1 ERSTGSK KKK RISKGB2 SEX 1 1 2 1 0 3 0 0 0 2 1 2 1 0 3 0 0 1 3 2 1 0 1 3 1 1 0 4 2 1 0 1 3 1 0 1 5 . 2 1 0 4 0 0 1 ............