Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:40:30 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Anthony.Kilili@BMGDIRECT.COM
Subject:      Re: Commas in Card files
Comments: To: tjinkerson@hotmail.com

This will put the semicolon at the end of the string:

data _null_; length line $80; input line $ 1-80; put line; cards4; hello world; ;;;; run;

Hope this helps.

Anthony

-----Original Message----- From: tjinkerson@HOTMAIL.COM [mailto:tjinkerson@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Thursday, December 02, 1999 2:12 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Commas in Card files

Hi

Just suppose that I really needed to do the following

data _null_; lenght line $80; input line $ 1-80; put line; cards; hello world; run;

the point being that I really need that semi-colon at the end of the hello world. (OK so infact I won't to enbed html and use a &nbsp; in there)

Could anyone tell me how to do that.

I'd be really grateful

Tim