Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:41:04 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         dward <dward@SASHELP.COM>
Subject:      Re: sashelp.com

> The solution I think is to have an optional process for peer > review. > This could apply not only to code, but also to articles, > tutorials, etc. > Postings which had gone through the process would be flagged with > some > kind of symbol.

Great idea! But how could the logistics work... Would the review process be open to *all* programmers or just a select group that are recognized as *experts*? In either case, the criteria for declaring information *approved* would need to be explicit and generally agreed upon by the entire SAS community. Maybe a program/tutorial, etc. could first be placed in a draft/pending category, then as the SAS community reviews it they rate the item. Then, at a certain point, the item could move into the approved category?

Just ideas David Ward SASHelp.com

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!