Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:15:50 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         charles_patridge@MY-DEJA.COM
Subject:      Re: Help: distance between zip codes

Dear Drew,

I just happened to see a posting on SAS-L in the past 2 weeks from Alan Gilman of Qualex Consulting which stated they had a "free" tool called ZipCoder whcih can be located at http://www.qlx.com/tools.htm

I remember looking at this product and I believe it had latitude and longitude data stored with zipcodes, and one of the features in this product demo was to calculate the distance between cities which I am sure had to be done using the latitude/longitudes.

I recommend you look at their code to do this and maybe contact Al Gilman at www.qlx.com to see what/how they did this.

Hope this helps you.

Regards, Charles Patridge PDPC, Ltd. 172 Monce Road Burlington, CT 06013 Phone: 860-673-9278 Email: Charles_S_Patridge@prodigy.net Web: www.sasconsig.com

In article <01bf4308$2c06b660$cfe412cf@drew-spencer>, "Kent Andrew (Drew) Spencer" <drewspen@imagin.net> wrote: > Folks, > > Is there a way to calculate the distance in miles between zip codes, using > only SAS? I need to be able to calculate the distance for either two zip > codes or two zip codes plus 4. > > Please copy your response by e-mail to DrewSpen@Imagin.Net > > Drew Spencer > DrewSpen@Imagin.Net > >

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.