Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:29:43 +0000
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   R.Ashmore@ITD.MAFF.GSI.GOV.UK
Subject:   Retrieve username in Windows98 with SAS
Comments:   To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU

I am trying to retrieve the 'username' in a Windows 98 environment using sas6.12. Manually, I can do this by running 'regedit' then reading 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Network\Logon\username'. Of course we want to find this value automatically using SAS.................. I had hoped this would be available as a maco variable but this is not the case. Anyone know of a way?

thanks, rob