Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Dec 1999 17:50:06 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Frank Poppe <Frank.Poppe@KNOWARE.NL>
Subject:      Re: Merry Xmas as a multilingual SAS application

I realize that not everybody will easily submit a job like that from any location. I am flattered you did so with this one...;-). When I thought of this method for distributing applications, I found it too appealing not to try it out.

Some people have reported problems with the download process, getting WSAE... errors. I do not know whether these problems are initiated by our server, by firewall problems, or by SAS getting too 'impatient' for replies. If somebody would care to use the DEBUG option on the FILENAME statement (insert it before the closing semi-colon), that would give more info in the SAS LOG.

Jack's problem however seems different. This suggests that the download has been succesfull. Can you view the content of the catalog, e.g. with the CAT window?

Greetings,

Frank Poppe

Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM> wrote in message news:s8675a42.040@slcm02.firsthealth.com... > "Frank Poppe" <Frank.Poppe@KNOWARE.NL> wrote: > > >To run the MerryXms-application, cut-and-paste the following SAS job to your > >program editor window, and submit it while connected to the Internet. > > Interesting. I hadn't considered the possibility of a computer virus hosted in SAS, > but obviously it is possible uaing this technique. > > > dm 'af c=pwtools.xframe.merryxms.frame' ; > > I get > > ERROR: Invalid catalog specification > > > > > -- > JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com > Development Manager, Technical Group > METRICS Department, First Health > West Sacramento, California USA