From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Gene Maguin
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 04:46 PM
To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: time calculation

Mohd,

Are STM and ETM time formatted variables, i.e., Time5 or Time8?  I think you should be able to do a simple subtraction:

compute dur=etm-stm. Do you format dur as Time5 or Time8?

But are there instances were stm is the next day?

I get it that you are having trouble, but what kind of trouble are you having. I can get the wizard to do what i think you want it to do.

Gene Maguin