From:
"N. S. Miceli" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 1994 11:58:33 EDT

I am a doctoral student at the University of Oklahoma, and I am
writing a paper on the brewing industry.  Apparently, the
dispersion of the breweries in the U. S. is an important factor
in the industry.

Could list members please suggest good sources for possible
methodologies for analyzing how the breweries are situated,
relative to their output levels, shipments, etc.?

I purchased an old Economic Geography text (looks like it's on
the undergrad level, though it gives a good number of sources;
unfortunately they're dated now), and the distance between
brewers relative to their ability to ship product seems to be
one of the factors I need to examine.

Interestingly, other research I'm doing (cross-cultural
attitudes) could also use geographic or epidemiological methods
for analysis. I want to compare how attitudes differ by national
origin, and I expect persons from nearby countries to be more
similar in their attitudes than they will be to individuals from
more distant locations.

Suggestions about that research would also be appreciated. This
message has been cross-posted.  Please accept my apologies if
you receive it more than once.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Nicholas Miceli