From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 10:54:52 -0500
Subject:        Re: vector data for Shanghai needed
Date:   Fri, 23 May 2008 11:22:26 -0400
From:   Tsering W Shawa ([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]>
To:     John A Olson <[log in to unmask]>
CC:     [log in to unmask]

John,

I have not found a parcel dataset of Shanghai in the market. However, you can puchase streets and point of interests datasets such as location of gas stations, hospitals, post offices, shopping centers, building points, etc. in the market. It will cost few thousand dollars. If you need the vendor's name let me know.

Thanks,
-Wangyal

Tsering Wangyal Shawa
Geographic Information Systems Librarian
Head, Digital Map and Geospatial Information Center
Geosciences and Map Library
Fine Hall B Level, Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08544
Phone: (609) 258-6804