From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia R. Hetrick
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:43:47 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 07:35:41 -0700
From: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Lengths of rivers in Washington State
Sender: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, Connie -

I finished writing my MA thesis about water resources in Washington State in summer 1968.  A pair of books I used at that time had  maps of all the watersheds in the state + information about each such as watershed area, etc.  The books
were from a state agency (on account of I remember looking at George's picture on the cover every time I opened the book(s)) so I'd think that they should be catalogued in the State Library there in Olympia.  As I recall, the length of
the rivers was one of the pieces of data. As I recall, there were also maps and tables associated with it.  The information gets down to a pretty detailed level having at least rivers the size of the Dosewallips, Dungeness, Skookumchuck,
etc., in the books.

If you can't find the books, please contact me directly and I'll give you a pointer to the location of my thesis which has them listed in the bibliography (at least with the bibliography, you'll have only about 40 or 50 volumes of
references to check!) ;-)  FYI - Until about four years ago, I still had the machine-readable copy of my thesis on "piano rolls"!  ;-(  Sorry.

HTH.

vh

--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766  Email:  [log in to unmask]

--- End Forwarded Message ---