From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:46:44 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 13:18:00 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New GIS list
Sender: [log in to unmask]

Announcing a new GIS focussed disussion list - GISLIST
To subscribe simply send a blank email to: [log in to unmask]

We're pleased to announce the kickoff of a new GIS focussed e-mail based
discussion list. Subscribers are encouraged to use the list to discuss
anything they think will be of interest to the GIS community; including
GIS and geospatial technology news, data and software issues, wireless
mapping, software development, the open source movement, and the latest
on handheld mapping. The list is not meant to be software or vendor
specific, however, as the number of subscribers grow, we may spin off
popular discussion topics into separate lists.

Basically, the list is not moderated and will not be used as a
commercial forum. The list will be managed and maintained by The GeoComm
international. Subscribers email addresses will never be used for any
other purpose or redistributed.

Of course, industry gossip and informational tidbits are always welcomed
:-)

Please feel free to re-distribute this message

--- End Forwarded Message ---