From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:30:11 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:48:16 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Cartifact
Sender: [log in to unmask]

Here's my cartifact find: When I was in Seattle for the OLAC meeting in
Seattle in October last year I saw for sale in Anthropologie, a clothing
store, a pair of jeans made of fabric printed with an entire antique map of
the world.  The map went all the way from the waist band to the cuff hem,
front and back.  My step-daughter encouraged me to buy them and wear them
for my poster presentation at OLAC about map cataloging.  (I wore a skirt
and blouse instead--and I didn't buy a pair).  I don't know enough about
antique maps to know whose version it was, but it looked quite authentic,
such as it was.  --Sue Ann

  .
   }
{     Sue Ann Gardner, MLS
. }   N209 Love Library, Cataloging/Maps
{     University of Nebraska-Lincoln
  }   Lincoln, NE  68588-0410
{ .   402-472-3545, 402-472-2534 (fax)
       {
          }  .  .

                    Johnnie
                    Sutherland             To:     [log in to unmask]
                    <jsutherl@arche        cc:
                    s.uga.edu>             Subject:     Re: Cartographers for Social
                    Sent by: Maps          Responsibility  ;-) <fwd>
                    and Air Photo
                    Systems Forum
                    <MAPS-L@LISTSER
                    V.UGA.EDU>