From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:47:18 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:24:54 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
From: Mark Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Lake Cruise in Atlanta
Sender: Mark Thomas <[log in to unmask]>

This message is for ALA Map & Geography Round Table (MAGERT) who
are attending the ALA Annual Conference in Atlanta.

As a co-sponsor of a Program sponsored by ACRL's Western
European Studies Section (WESS), MAGERT members are invited to
participate in the WESS lake cruise on the evening of Sunday,
June 16. Details on signing up and paying are below and at the
referenced web site. They need to get a minimum number of people
by the end of next week (March 16), so notify them right away if
you're interested.

Incidently, the Program is "Mapping the Future of Historical
Research in Europe," Sunday, June 16, 11-12:30.

--Mark Thomas, chair, MAGERT

Mark Thomas / [log in to unmask] / 919-660-5853, fax:919-684-2855
Map and GIS Librarian / Economics Bibliographer Public Documents
and Maps Department 025 Perkins Library / Duke University,
Durham, NC 27708-0177

[forwarded info follows]

The wonderful news is:  we will have a Cruise in Atlanta!
Please see    http://www.lib.duke.edu/ias/WESS/Atlanta.htm for
pictures and details.   Riding a historic boat on an idyllic
lake surrounded by woods next to a huge, 300 million year old
granite outcropping,  enjoying the company of friends and
colleagues  while eating and drinking ... how can anybody
resist?  It is worth coming to Atlanta just for that!

Because our contract specifies a minimum number of
participants, we would appreciate it if those who know they will
be in Atlanta and free on Sunday night would go ahead and send
in their checks and names as soon as possible.

If you would prefer to send the money to ACRL a little later, at
least notify me ([log in to unmask]) that you are
definitely planning to be there, so we know we have the
participant numbers to make the boat a financial feasibility.
As a matter of fact,  $30 per person is an amazing bargain for
historic riverboat, buffet dinner, live band and transportation.
We are hoping for sponsors to cover the balance of the actual
costs.  See the current sponsors on the top of the web site.

Checks, made out to ACRL, should be sent to:

WESS Cruise
Mary Jane Petrowski
Association of College and Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2795

See you there!