Sender:
From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:45:27 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 12:09:14 -0400
From: Tsering Wangyal Shawa <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Juliet Sweetkind-Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: plotter prices

Julie,

We have the HP 1055CM printer and we decided to charge a nominal fee for
printing a map from this printer. If we do not charge a fee people are most
likely to misuse the printer because it doesn't cost anything for them to
print. The fees are based on research that I did in the Fall 1999. I looked
at a cost of the HP's ink and paper and then came up with the figures.  The
printing fees are very nominal and the fee will only recover the cost of
paper and ink. If you are trying to recover printer's cost then you should
devise a different fee structure.

The URL link will give you an information about the printing fees:
http://www.princeton.edu/~geolib/gis/printer.html

Thanks.
-Wangyal
Tsering Wangyal Shawa
Geographic Information Systems Librarian
Head, Digital Map and Geospatial Information Center
Geosciences and Map Library
Guyot Hall, Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08544
Phone: (609) 258-6804