From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Galneder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 14:42:09 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 10:47:23 -0500
From: Mary Galneder <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Insurance values for map collections
Sender: Mary Galneder <[log in to unmask]>

I will be presenting a paper on "insurance values for map
collections" during the Geography and Map Division program
at the Special Libraries Association conference in June.
Although I will focus on the Robinson Map Library and how I
determine the value of the collection and the many questions
this raises, I hope the talk will initiate a discussion on
how insurance values for maps are or should be established.
I would very much appreciate it if readers of MAPS-L would
tell me if they need to provide insurance values and how
they arrive at those values (purchase prices, average
values, estimates, etc.). If there is sufficient interest, I
will be happy to summarize for the list after the
conference.

Please reply to me at:

Thank you very much for any input.

Mary Galneder