From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:50:13 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:24:32 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: plotter prices (fwd)

The mathematics of this rate by the foot becomes tiresome and time
consuming.

We charge a standard fee of $5 for our large size photocopies. If our
printer/scanner ever gets set up, we will continue to have a standardized
price. Anything over 11 x 17 is $5.  We paid for our Engineering copier in
four years [several years ago] and for the last 15 years it has been a
little money machine. The money  of course went back into repairs, paper
supplies, etc., but we made enough over costs to purchase items for the Map
Division collections. Again, we are expecting a new model [being shipped
from Asia???] and when it arrives, I suspect, for simplicity's sake, we
will continue the $5 flat fee. We are not serving students, so you might
want to have a $2 flat fee for them; all others pay up.

Alice C. Hudson
Chief, Map Division
The Humanities and Social Sciences Library
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue & 42nd Street, Room 117
New York, NY 10018-2788

[log in to unmask]; 212-930-0589; fax 212-930-0027

http://nypl.org/research/chss/map/map.html