From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:34:59 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 08:48:58 -0700
From: Sue Haffner <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Miscellaneous investigations series/Geologic investigations series

Hi, all,

I know we went through this before a few years ago, but what's the
situation with the USGS series Miscellaneous investigations
series/Geologic investigations series?

I am looking at the Crystal Coast N.C. satellite image map from USGS. It
is I-2758. The piece has the series as Miscellaneous investigations
series, but the GPO record traces the series as Geologic investigations
series.

Linda Zellmer, I believe, responded to this before, letting us know what
the intention of USGS was with regard to the I-series, but I wonder what
the current situation is. If the series is supposed to be Geologic ...,
why can't they just put it on the item?

Wondering,

Sue Haffner
Map Library