From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:16:49 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 13:09:46 -0700
From: CONNIE MANSON <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: excess DGER Open File Reports

Johnnie,

Gosh, you're probably right.  Maybe you could send this revised version?  Thanks!

Folks--

(My apologies for cross posting; I'm sending this list very broadly.)

At the Washington Division of Geology and Earth Resources, we have a lot of extra copies of our old open file reports. We sell very, very few of these titles, and they're taking up too much storage space-- so we've decided to just Give Them Away!   (The list is really long, so please email me if you want a copy of it.)

Now, don't panic: these titles will not be going "out of print."  Since they're Open Files, we have a duplication master, and make copies as needed.
We simply have more copies of these titles than we need.

(On another matter-- We've just scanned/digitized all the reproducable open
file reports-- about 400 titles.  That set is on 5 CDs.  I'd be interested
in knowing how many of you would want the CD set for, say, $20-- Let me
know.)

                   THE RULES
1. The old open file reports can go anywhere, to anyone.
2. We need postage reimbursement for:
     A. All non-U.S. addresses
     B. Large (more than 5 items) orders (we'll do the postage for 5 items
or less)
3. The number of available copies we have of each item varies.
4. When these free copies are gone, they're gone (but we invite you to buy a
copy)
5. These free copies will be available until August 23, 2002. After that,
what's left over will go to recycling.

Connie J. Manson
Senior Librarian
Washington Division of Geology and Earth Resources
P.O. Box 47007
1111 Washington S.E., Room 173
Olympia, WA 98504-7007
ph: 360/902-1472; fax: 360/902-1785

>>> Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]> Friday, August 09, 2002 12:45:07 PM >>>

   Your offer is a generous one, in which I imagine a number of the
   subscribers to Maps-L would be interested.  But, I hesitate to
   forward a message of that size to the list - not only because of
   the potential impact on some subscribers, but also because some
   messages bounce and are returned as error messages.  Several of
   these error messages arriving at the same time might have a
   negative impact here too.  If you can arrange it and wish to do so,
   you might submit a message to Maps-L which describes your offer
   without listing that which is available, and then send the list
   of available materials to interested persons individually.