From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:07:23 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:58:30 +0100
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: maps of Lisbon (fwd)

Alice

One might also have mentioned my bibliographically-referenced reply to
internet discussion list 'MapHist' of Monday 17 July, that I herewith copy
for your delectation.  Depending upon amount of urban detail required,
manuscript items (perhaps held by the Museu da Cidade, Lisboa) might be of
use :-

>The 'Imago Mundi Bibliography' entry no.98:50(048) cites the most recent
work of which I am aware.  To save you reaching on your >shelves for it I
abbreviate the entry here:-

>Cartografia de Lisboa seculos XVII a XX [ = Mapping of Lisbon from the 17th
to the 20th centuries] / Comissao Nacional para as >Comemoracoes dos
Descobrimentos Portugueses [ ; coordenacao : J. Romero Magalhaes, J.C.
Garcia, J.M. Flors ; catalogacao : >M.Gouveia]. - [Lisboa :] Comissao
Nacional para as Comemoracoes dos Descobrimentos Portugueses, 1997. - 72p.:
ill. (some >col.) ; 30cm. - Text in E : p.59-72. - Bibliogr. : p.56-58. -
Catalogue of Exhibition on occasion of 17th Internat. Conf.on the Hist. of
>Cartogr., Lisbon, July 1997. - ISBN 972-8325-24-X

>I need hardly point out, that the cited bibliography on pages 56-58 in this
work will contain other and older items of possible >interest; thus, if you
were to ask a holding library to xerox and fax these pages to you a lot of
time and MapHist overlap and repeat >messages would be saved....

>Francis Herbert (Compiler of 'Imago Mundi Bibliography' ; Curator of Maps,
RGS-IBG)
>http://www.rgs.org

Francis
http://www.rgs.org