From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:44:10 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:36:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Invitation to Participate (Oxford University Press) (fwd)
Sender: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>

Below is a forwarded announcement about planning for a new group of
reference-related resources from Oxford University Press.  It occurs to me
that one or two could be prepared related to our areas of interest.

One could cover geogoraphy as a science and social science discipline,
related to textual resources and imagery (i.e. pictures) on social
geography, urban and rural planning, physical geography and geomorphology.
It could be enlarged to encompass the earth sciences generally, unless
geology, climatology and related fields required their own.
Or it could be two, one on the social geograhpy fields, and another on the
earth sciences in the broader sense.  (I'm thinking as I write this, so
it's rather free-form.)

The other could cover geospatial imagery: mapping, remote imagery, GIS and
related topics

Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                         Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA