From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:46:44 -0400
Subject: RE:  octagonal in Jacksonville Heights, FL.
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:46:28 -0700
From: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hi, Brendan - I would suspect it may have something to do with the Cecil
Field
Naval Air Station which is just west of Herlong Field in that neck of
North
Florida.  Given the configuration, I'd suspect something electronic.  It
seems
relatively moist compared to the area off the end of the 4:30 diagonal
(which
I'd suspect is native grasses) but I'd think the dampness has not much,
if
anything, to do with the functionality of the octagonal area.   Maybe
HelenJane will know more (or maybe she'd take a run over there and see
whether
they run her off!  ;-)

virginia
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California, of sunny Florida
in a