From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:38:06 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:24:30 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Resources for Teaching Map and GIS Librarianship
Sender: [log in to unmask]

      The MAGERT Education Committee announces a new Web page on "Resources
for Teaching Map and GIS Librarianship."  At present there are only three
items on the page, but I think they more than make up in quality what they
lack in quantity.

      The page includes links to David Bertucca's "Map Cataloging Course
Notes" and Patrick McGlamery's "Digital Map Librarianship:  A Working
Syllabus."  Making its first appearance on the Web is Alice Hudson's
"Syllabus for a Course in Map Librarianship" (based on the course she
taught last summer at the Pratt Institute School of Library and Information
Science).  All of the pages include numerous links to other useful
resources.

      We would like to expand the page with additional relevant materials.
Please bring to my attention any resources you think should be added.

      The page can be found on the MAGERT Web site.  The direct link is:
http://magert.whoi.edu:8000/teachmaps.html

David Allen
(Chair, MAGERT Education Committee)
Map Librarian