From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 15:26:13 -0500
Subject: New Online Journal dealing with maps
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 08:35:11 EST
From: [log in to unmask]

------------------
      The Map and Geography Round Table (MAGERT) of the American Library
Association is planning an online serial publication.

     The new serial was authorized in January, and we plan to begin
publication this summer.  Tentatively called "Cartographic
Contributions," it will focus
on map librarianship, GIS, history of cartography, maps on the Internet,
cartobibliography, and other subjects relating to maps.  It is intended
to be
international and interdisciplinary in scope.

     It will be an irregular "open access" publication.  There will be no
charge to authors, and articles will be available without subscription
to anyone
on the Internet. Contributions will be peer-reviewed.  Articles that take
advantage of such capabilities of the Internet as color images and
hyperlinks are
particularly encouraged.

     Because we are still establishing our policies and recruiting our
board
of editors, the web page describing the new publication is not yet being
made
public.  Anyone interested in publishing an article in the new journal or
serving on the editorial board should contact me directly.

David Allen
Editor, Cartographic Contributions