From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:40:43 -0500
Subject: City Centers criteria by Lat. Long.
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:27:16 -0800
From: Colin Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

How is the center of a city determined?  For example, when we consult an
atlas
within our collection and it provides a lat. long for a city or town
what is the
criteria for determining that location?  The same holds true for getting
lat.
long. from topozone.com when one enters the city without an address?

Colin Kelly
Aerial Photography Collection Coordinator
Knight Library - Document Center
University of Oregon
phone:(541)346-4565   fax:(541)346-1958