From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 09:15:46 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: NARA moving...
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:11:18 -0400
From: "Susan A. Hawkins" <[log in to unmask]>

Hello fellow listmembers!

You may all be aware of this, but I thought I should mention that the
National Archives is moving their imagery collection to Lenexa KS, and
certain sections of the collection will be out of reach for extended
periods. I didn't get this in an email or I'd cut and paste, so Here's what
I know.

Motion Picture film: Closed April 8. Move April 15 to June 1. Available June 8.
Aerial Film:             Closed May 27. Move June 3 to Aug 12. Available
Aug 19.
Microfilm:               Closed April 14. Move April 21 to May 26.
Available June 2.

God knows why the move, the researchers are still in Maryland...

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
Ambrose Bierce
Susan A. Hawkins                            National Aerial Resources
12 Arrowhead La, Box 4
Cohoes, NY    12047
V: 800-827-2994       F: 518-785-8088
http://www.nar.com            ...insight through aerial photography