From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:59:58 -0600

MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject:        Special Retirement Tribute to HelenJane Armstrong
Date:   Wed, 21 Dec 2005
From:   Joe Aufmuth <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Please join me in offering HelenJane a special tribute to her 32 years of service to the University of Florida's Map and Imagery Library.  As you may know, Helen will be retiring this Friday, December 23rd.  Many of you have had the privilege of working with Helen over the years.  No one could have a better mentor or friend.  Fortunately as the GIS Librarian I have been able to work with her over the past 5 years.  Her career accomplishments in Map Librarianship are many, most recently working tirelessly to bring the 500,000th and 500,001st maps to our collection.  Her enthusiastic and energetic personality will be sorely missed on a daily basis.  We hope she will continue to find time during her retirement to advise us on the collection she has worked so hard to cultivate.  Perhaps now she will have more time to enjoy visits to Wisconsin and trips to see the tall sailing ships she loves.

I am not sure this is the appropriate forum, but I invite you to share with us your stories, remembrances, and congratulations for HelenJane and a job well done!

Best wishes for a Happy Holiday season,
Joe

Joe Aufmuth
GIS coordinator